I have an overall IT experience of 3.2 years.
I have worked mainly in .Net technologies like WPF, WCF,ASP.NET, MVc.
Unfortunately,around 6 months back my technology track was shifted to some other technology. Please note the technology is not at all linked to .net in any way.
I love .Net and wish to switch to other some other company in .Net tech.
But the issue that i am facing right now is:
1.How do i hide/cover up my past 6 months non .Net experience?
2.How can i make my future employer believe that though i am not currently working in .net .But still i have a good command over .net technologies.
Kindly help me.
Venkatmanohar's Advice on Thursday, December 18, 2014 :
Good Question. Looking at your email I understand that you have good experience in .NET. Whatever situation it might be you moved to a different technology or stream and worked for 6 months. There is no issue at all and you will have opportunities waiting in .NET now.
1. Make sure that you have very good knowledge on the current technologies of .NET. You should be able to speak during the interviews.
2. Make sure that you know in and out of the .NET projects that you have worked on. This will give confidence to the interviewer that you have extensive knowledge on the projects that you have worked on.
3. Tell boldly that due to some situations you have changed to a different technology but lately you have observed that you don't have much future into it and want to shift now.
4. Mention 6 months of experience as well in your resume. Hope this 6 months is related to IT.
5. If you do all the above you have bright chance to get a job in the technology stream which you wanted to.
Hope this helps.