My name is Ravi kesharwani. I have completed BCA from Birla Institute of Technology, Meshra in 2009. I am working with EXL since January 2012. My profile is backend for Insurance Process (EXL is BPO organization). I have now total experience in BPO is 3 years 6 months. I don't see any growth in BPO. So I want utilize my degree in IT sector. I want join course related to java or database. Please suggest me what I need to do. Because I didn't have any experience in IT filed and not able to understand some of question is running on my mind.
1. Which course is best for me.
2. Is it good time to move for IT.
3. What are the things I need to do for move to IT.
Thanks and Regards
Venkatmanohar's Advice on Wednesday, July 15, 2015 :
Thanks for writing to us. As you are already having 3 years 6 months of experience into BPO, I suggest you to continue in the same field and work hard to reach managerial role. BPO is an evergreen market and you can cherish your career.
Following are the situations you will face if you want to come to IT:
1. You will be treated as fresher in IT side as you don't carry any experience.
2. You need to compete with experienced people and also have to face questions as well as experienced when facing the interview eventhough you don't have any experience.
3. People will ask why you want to move now after 3.6 years.. Answer you can't say that financially you want to grow. If you want to grow technically then you would have tried may be 2 years back itself.
Still if you want to pursue and try out IT then better learn Java and Hadoop (for Analytics). Now the entire market is going digital so would be better to learn analytics related tools