I have 2 yrs Windows Application (VB.net) experience.NOW
I want to switch to Web application (ASP.net) from Windows Application (VB.net).
So what and all areas i should be strong enough to become complete Web App
(ASP.net) PROFFESIONAL.and how can i improve my skills coding (development) on Web applications.
Thanks in advance
Rajesh's Advice on Sunday, June 20, 2010 :
Summarizing what all you need to know in the following points..
- HTTP/TCP protocol from a very high overview perspective
- ASP.NET ofcourse (since you will be opting for MS technologies)
- Authentication/ Authorization techniquest
- WCF/Web Services
- Unit Testing / Integration Testing (NUnit, MBUnit, Selenium, WatiN etc or VS Test)
- Silverlight awareness
- Common design patterns
- Strong Object Oriented skills
This is just a summary. Google it you will get details of each area.
Nav234 said on Sunday, June 20, 2010
Thank you Rajesh .
Definitely it would help me to clear interviews and get inside a company.