In this article we shall try to fix the error "Service Unavailable HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable" in SharePoint 2010.
Today when I tried to open my SharePoint site, It gave me below error!!
“Service Unavailable HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable”
The reason for the same could be from the following:
- The application pool got stopped for whatsoever reason
- Application Pools Identity account password got changed (or)
Below are the steps to enable the Service.
1. To Enable Service!!
1. Open up IIS Manager and
2. Go to Connection and Expand click on Application Pools
3. Select Application Pools and Start
2. If Identity account password got changed!!
1. Locate your App Pool account and right-click on it and select ‘Advanced Settings’.
2. Click on the right of the Identity box to change it (A window will pop up).
3. Click on Set and simply retype your App Pool Identity in there with the new password.
Hope after following above steps your “Service Unavailable HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable” error will be resolved.
Thanks and Have fun!!!!!
Found interesting? Add this to: