In this Article we are going to leaarn,how to do Spelling Check in Visual Studio 2010
Today, I want to give a small description about Spelling check usually we have seen in Microsoft Word Document. You can also see when you type to send message to someone via yahoo, Gmail , then in the box where you are typing if any spelling mistake is there , immediately it show an underline in red color and right click on that will show a list of alternate spelling , via a smart tag. So, user can choose the correct word to avoid spelling mistake. This is the case not to limit in other application but also in Visual Studio 2010 also. Suppose I have type some string name , yes you are right , we can set our string value whatever we wish, but spell checking is more powerful option to check that you are not typing any wrong thing. If you sure that you have assign a right value in string, then you have also two option provided by Spelling Check tool. One is Ignore , so the red underline mark will vanish to warning error in spelling ,and other is add to dictionary , and your typing value will be added in dictionary . So next time when you type same word for different string value, no warning will be come.
1. First install the Spell Checker extension in your Visual Studio. It is very Simple, No you need not to search in Google , It will Automatically come in your Visual Studio 2010 . How? Surprised ? . Ok just see in the Pic -1 .
2. Open Visual Studio 2010 in your Computer from all programs, after open click on the Tool Menu and then click Extension Manager , see in Pic -1
3. After click on extension Manager you will able to see this below Image Pic – 2.
Pic – 2
4. Click on Download, Be sure you have internet connection; Spell Checker will automatically start downloading. After complete download just restart the Visual Studio 2010.
5. This Spelling Checker can Perform text verification like HTML style comments , ASP.NET server side comments i.e. <%-- ASP.NET--%>, Java Script, C# and C++ comments ,CSS style comments
6. Now I have Create one simple Console Application and start writing Something. See , I’m declaring a string variable and assign its value “This is Hello World Programming”. Now What I did in here is that I type some wrong spelling to check that what we have downloaded is it going to do work or not . So , I write wrong spelling of this , then Programming , and also world.
7. It’s amazing that a red color underline indicate that something is wrong. When I mouse over on it then a list of alternate words are showing. Yes, I noticed that I have done a spelling mistake typing “this “ word .
See in the Pic - 3.
Pic – 3.
8. I also see that now visual studio can automatically check Spelling mistake for other words also like “Hello”, “World” or “Programming”.
9. Now We add a Text File in Our Project , Just Select the Project and click add New Item or Type Ctrl + Shift + A , select Text File from installed Template Items .
10. See I have Write some Text lines in the Text File , Here I also type some wrong word , See in this case it also Check the Spelling mistake . See the Pic - 4 . Here also show warning of the wrong spelling.
Pic – 4
11. Now I add an HTML file in my Project. Press Ctrl + Shift + A in your keyboard and add a HTML file .
Pic – 5
12. Now again we are going to add another new item , that css style sheet . Add a style sheet in your project , see in the comments line the Spell Checker also doing work. See in Pic -6.
Hope you enjoy this little article , We shall now also do check our spelling mistake in Visual Studio like Microsoft Word document . Yes this spell checker can also perform in Multiple language , but you need to install Microsoft Office 2007 Language Package . Feel free to write any comments regarding it , enjoy happy coding.
Thanks for reading.