In this article we will have look on Contacts List of SharePoint 2010.
Contacts List is a List to maintain information about of people that your site user may communicate like partner, customer. Contacts List can synchronize with Microsoft Outlook.
Let’s have look on Contacts List.
1) Go to your Team site.
2) Go to “Create page”. Create Page is a central piece of SharePoint sites from where we can add List, Library, Pages, Subsites into our Team site.
A) Go to Site Actions and then click on More Options, Create Page will open
B) Click on “Lists” link available on quick launch and then click on “Create” link.
3) After Clicking on Create link here or More Options, “Create” Page would open
A) On Create page, in filter by section click on List.
B) Select “Contacts” List Template.
C) Type the name for your list – Here I have written “My Contacts”
4) Now “My Contacts” List has appeared on Quick Launch
A) Select “My Contacts”
B) Click on Add new item
C) Fill the “My Contacts” form and save it.
5) Now Contact has appeared in browser.
By default only 6 Columns are visible in browser i.e. Last Name, First Name, Company, Business Phone, Home Phone, and E-Mail Address.
6) If we want to see other attributes in browser, we can modify the default view
A) Select “My Contacts” List.
B) Go to List Ribbon.
C) Click on “Modify View”.
D) On Modify View Page , Select the Columns which you would like to see in browser (Here I have chosen City and Country)
7) Now we can see other attributes also in browser
Hope this would be useful for the readers! Thanks and do let me know your comments or feedback.