Hi friends today we are going to have a walk through on how to create SSRS reports using SQL queries
Hi friends today we are going to have a walk through on how to create SSRS reports using SQL queries.
- Click on the file and select project to create a new project.
- Select the report server project wizard for creating SSRS report .
- Type the required project name in name text field….
- Click on Browse button and select the destination path to save the project ..
- Click on ok button to save and proceed .
Welcome to the report wizard:
- Welcome wizard is the 1st step to create report . if you don’t want to see this window for every report click on Don’t show this page again .
- Click on NEXT button to continue .
- Server Name: Select the server name from where you are generating report . Enter the server name in that drop down box .
- Log on to the Server: Select in which mode authentication is required . if you click on user windows Authentication then user name ,Password . if you click on use sql server authentication then we need to enter both user name and password .
- Click on Test Connection to test wither connection was established are not
- Once all the information is filled OK Button will be enabled .
- Have a Look on Test Connection succeeded popup . Click ok and continue
- Click on ok Button and continue the report .
- Past the required Query at Query string .
- Click the Next Button to continue .
- Select which type of report is required . Click on tabular for table format report .
- Click on Matrix for matrix format report.
Design the Table:
- Available fields: At available fields area we will see all the columns where we can select and move them based on the requirement if u want them in page format ,Group them or you need a Details view . select the and move them in the required boxes …
- Once the column is selected them click on Details button and move them into Displayed fields .
- Click on Next button to continue .
- All the colunm from available fields are movied into Details text box .
- Click on Next Button to continue.
Choose the table Style:
- Click on different styles and see the preview based on your requirement select the report style .
- Preview window for the report style.
- Click on Next button to continue.
Choose the Deployment Location:
- Deployment folder : Folder name where our SSRS project is going to deployed .
- Click on next button to continue.
Completing the Wizard:
- Report Name: Enter the SSRS report name.
- Click on finish button to complete the SSRS Report.
Preview of SSRS Report:
In this article we have seen how to create SSRS report from SQL query. Next article we will discuss how to create SSRS report from stored procedure with filters.