Installing SQL Server 2012.
Installing SQL Server 2012.
Note: Before Installing SQL Server, SharePoint and Project Server, we need to Join COCOSITSP server to our domain COCSIT.COM
Following task has to be done on COCSITSP Server – Login as Local Administrator.
- Open Start Menu of OS, right click on computer from task bar chose Properties.
- On System Page, In “Computer Name, Domain and workgroup Settings” section click on “Change Settings” link.
- On System Properties Page , click on “Change” . On Computer Name/Domain Changes Page, for domain type “COCSIT.COM”.
- Click on “More” for Domain type “COCSIT” click on ok on every open window (three times).
- Restart your Computer.
Login as Domain Administrator on COCSITSP Server.
After Joining COCSITSP Server to COCSIT.COM Domain we have to add user “SP_Admin”,”SP_Farm” as
local administrator on COCSITSP Server.
- Open Server Manager, click on Tools and then Computer Management.
- On Computer Management Window , in left hand pane expand “Local Users and Groups” node.
- Click on “Groups” Node , In right hand pane click on “Administrators” group.
- On “Administrators Properties” Page click on add Add SP_Admin and SP_Farm in Administrators Group, click on ok two times.
Login as COCSIT\SP_Admin on COCSITSP Server
Now I am going to install SQL Server 2012 on COCSITSP server before installing SharePoint 2013.
NOTE: I am going to make COCSIT\SP_Admin as Administrator of SQL Server 2012 and SharePoint 2013.In real time scenario you might have separate administrator for SQL Server 2012 and SharePoint 2013
- Insert SQL Server Media in DVD Drive and run Setup.exe.
- On “SQL Server Installation Center” Page , click on “Installation” link on left hand side.
- In Right hand pane click on “New SQL Server stand-alone installation or features to an existing installation”.
- On Setup Support Rules page make sure that , you don’t have any failed operation and then click on Ok.
- On Product Key Page, write valid product key and then click on next.
- On “License Terms page”, read the Microsoft license term and accept license. Click on Next.
- On “Product Updates” Page uncheck “Include SQL Server Product Updates” option and then click on Next.
- On “Install Setup files” page click on Install.
- On “Setup Support Rules” Page, Make sure that there is no failed operation and then click on next.
- On “Setup Role” page, select “SQL Server Feature Installation” option and then click on Next.
- On “Feature Selection” Page Select all features ,except following
• Data Quality Services
• Data Quality Client
• Distributed Replay Controller
• Distributed Replay Client
• Master Data Services
- On “Installation Rule” Page, Make sure that there is no failed operation and then click on ok.
- On “Instance Configuration” Page, select “Named instance” option. For “Named instance” type “SPSQL”.
Click On Next.
- On “Disk Space Requirements” Page Click on Next.
- On “Server Configuration” Page Select “Service Accounts” Tab.Assign Service Account (COCSIT\SQL_Service) and Password for following SQL Server services
• SQL Server Agent
• SQL Server Database Engine
• SQL Server Analysis Services
• SQL Server Reporting Services
• SQL Server Integration Services
- On “Database Engine Configuration” page ,select “Server Configuration” Tab
• In Authentication Mode, select “Window’s authentication mode”
• For “Specify SQL Server administrators”, click on “Add Current User” i.e. COCSIT\SP_Admin as administrator for SQL Server Database Engine.
• Accept default setting for other tabs and then click on Next.
- On “Analysis Services Configuration” Page, click on “Add Current User” i.e. COCSIT\SP_Admin as administrator for SQL Server Analysis Services. Click on Next.
- On “Reporting Services Configuration” Page
• In “Reporting Services Native Mode” section, select “Install and Configure”.
• In “Reporting Services SharePoint Integrated Mode” section, select “Install only”.
• Click On Next.
- On “Error Reporting” Page, uncheck send error option and then click on next.
- On “Installation Configuration Rules” Page, Make sure that there is no failed operation and then click on next.
- On “Ready to install” page click on Install.
- Wait for 30-40 Minutes to complete the installation of SQL Server 2012.
After completing this Task , we have Joined COCSITSP Server to COCSIT.COM Domain and we have installed SQL Server 2012. In next article we will see how to Install Prerequisites for SharePoint 2013.