Installing Project Server 2013.
IntroductionInsert Project Server 2013 Media into DVD Drive or copy it drive.
- Open Splash.hta file from media and, click on “Install Project Server”
- Enter valid Product key and click on continue.
- On this page, Select “I accept the terms of this agreement” and click on Continue.
- On Choose a File location accept default settings and click on “Install Now”.
- Wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- On “Run Configuration Wizard” Page, select “Run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard now” and click on close.
- On “Welcome to SharePoint Products” page click on next.
- Click on “Yes”, to restart services if required.
- On “Completing the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard” click on Next.
- Wait for few minutes to complete the configuration, and make sure that your configuration is successful.
Click on “Finish” to close wizard and launch SharePoint Central Administration website to continue SharePoint configuration.
- On “Initial Farm Configuration” Page, click on “Start the Wizard” to create and configure service Applications for our SharePoint environment.
- On Services Page , In Service Account section
• For User Name, write: COCSIT\SP_ServiceApps
• Write Password of User COCSIT\SP_ServiceApps
In Services section, accept default service application and click on next.
- On “Create Site Collection” page, click on skip.
- Make sure that, your farm configuration wizard is complete and successful.
After Installing and Configuring SharePoint, Let’s create one Project Web Application Instance.
Project Web App Instance is used to host Projects.
- On SharePoint Central Administration site, in quick launch section click on Application Management.
- On Application Management Page, go to Service Applications Section and click on “Manage Service Applications” link.
- On Service Applications Page, click on “Project Server Service Application” link.
- On “Manage Project Web Apps” Page, click on “Create Project Web App Instance” link.
- On “Create Project Web App Instance” page,
• For Web Application: select default web application i.e. SharePoint-80.
• For Project Web App Path, Write: PWA.
• For Administrator Account, write: COCSIT\SP_Admin.
• Accept default for others and click on OK.
- Wait for few minutes, Project web App is “Waiting for Resources”. Once the status is provisioned we can access our web app.
- Open site http://cocsitsp/PWA, once it open, you can start creating Projects.
In this article we have seen how to Install Project Server 2013. Hope this would be useful for the readers! Thanks and do let me know your comments or feedback.
About the Author