Blog author: Rajkatie
| Posted on: 6/17/2012 | Category: WCF Blogs
| Views: 1553 | Status: [Member]
| Points: 75
| Alert Moderator
WCF is a very large and complex technology. The hardest and most complex part of any WCF project is, its configuration. Configuring WCF for even relatively simple security models can be a very painstaking
and time-consuming task. So, WCF 4.5 made it very simple.
In addition to above WCF 4.5 contains following new features
- Simplified generated config files (client side).
- Contract-first development.
- "Add service refer" from a portable subset project.
- New transport default values.
- XML editor tooltips.
- Streaming improvements.
- Configuration validation.
- XmldictionaryReaderQuotas new default values
- AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsAttribute default set to "Allowed".
- BindaryEncoder compression
- Simplified Async methods
- Simplified HTTPS configuration
- ChhanelFactory Caching
- Multiple Authentication Support.
So, main goal of WCF 4.5 is ease of development and maintainability.
For more details of all above feature, please visit http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171868%28v=vs.110%29.aspx#windows_communication_foundation
Brainbench (Asp.Net 4.0 and CSS 3.0)
Found interesting? Add this to: