problem testing a website on iis

Posted by Jcgldr under IIS on 6/15/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 1275 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1
Problem testing website on iis
hi i created a simple website on and i tested it and it works fine on visual studio but when i try to test it on iis it does not work it returns an error
I'm testing it on my laptop and i have the iis that is installed in window 7

Server Error in '/cse' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 15: </connectionStrings>
Line 16: <system.web>
Line 17: <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true" targetFramework="4.0" />
Line 18:
Line 19: <authentication mode="Forms">

Source File: C:\Users\jb\try\web.config Line: 17

looks like the problem is that my web config is set to net 4 and the iis application pool is set to 2 so i tried to change the application pool to 4 but it didn't help and it seems the page is still running on because on the bottom of the error it says

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5420; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5420

so maybe there is a different way to change the net

i also tried to change the config file to net 2 but it also failed to work

any ideas help?

Posted by: Ssramvinay on: 6/16/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Hmmmm..please revert it to 3.5 and try to go to website-->property page--->set it to .net framework that inbuilt code will be genrated in web.config code....after this step execute ur appl and let me know the feedback.Also look in to ms site for migration issues in net framework 4.0 :)

Jcgldr, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response