i need to calculate active time, how long the staff are using the ms office like word , excel, power point

Posted by Srajeswari under ASP.NET on 12/1/2009 | Views : 1073 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
hi,

i need to calculate active time, how long the staff are using the ms office like word , excel, power point . can we get it from ms office through .net

Responses

Posted by: Lakhangarg on: 12/1/2009 [Member] [Moderator] Silver

Up
Down
Hi Srajeswari-

You can create a window service for this. that will be execute every minute and will check the process tree. and if there is any active process for office application then note down the processid and save that into database. and if next time there is no active process with same id then save that end time for that process. this way you get get the exact time user open any office application.

Thanks & Regards
Lakhan Pal Garg

Srajeswari, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Srajeswari on: 12/1/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
hi Lakhan Pal Garg,

I got a code to calculate the total time of active window. but the time is calculated even the word or excel is opened and left idle.
Can we get the time how long the worked in it example ( keypad or cursor use ) in MS office

Posted by: Abhijit Jana on: 12/2/2009 [Member] [MVP] Bronze

Up
Down
Hi Srajeswari-,

When ever you are asking some question please clear the context/objective of that. If you have selected ASP.NET Category for that question. But is it really related with ASP.NET ? Where you are doing this ? What is your business objective for that ?

Cheers !
Abhijit

Login to post response