i need to use session variable to catch hold of username in my website? i am using a ASP:Login ctrl

Posted by kallamjreddy-17301 under ASP.NET on 8/8/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 1118 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 7
Hi ,

When the user logins to my website i need to catch hold of his user name and use it in page load of my master page which i am redirecting it to after login.Here i am using ASP:Login control and ASP configuration tool to set the authentication,roles etc.

Responses

Posted by: Gopesh9 on: 8/9/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
You can use the following code in the page load.

if(Membership.ValidateUser(Login.UserName,Login.Password))

{
Session["username"] = Login.UserName;
}

Now using, Label.Text = Session["username"].ToString(); can be written in master page to show the name of the user.

G. S.
.Net Developer

kallamjreddy-17301, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: kallamjreddy-17301 on: 8/9/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Gopesh,

Thanks a Lot, but for Membership class i have added System.Web.Security but i am unable to use Login.Username,Login.Password in this context should i add any Assemblies for this also..

Waiting for your reply.....

Thanks in Advance.
Janardhan reddy

kallamjreddy-17301, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Up
Down
Just try like this

Membership.ValidateUser(Login1.UserName, Login1.Password);

where Login1 is the id of the Login form.

G. S.
.Net Developer

Up
Down
I am Getting Null Values login1.UserName=" ",login1.Password=" " shall i use some other event like logginIn,LoggedIn ......

Thanks In advance.

Up
Down
Hi Gopesh,

I got the value in LoggingIn event of Login Control.

Thank You,
Janardhan

Up
Down
May be it cannot take the values from the Configuration tool,just check is the Authentication mode in web.config is Forms like

<system.web>

<!-- mode=[Windows|Forms|Passport|None] -->
<authentication mode="Forms" />
</system.web>

G. S.
.Net Developer

Up
Down
Thats good..

G. S.
.Net Developer

Login to post response