shortcut keys stopped working

Posted by Ramanujgeeta under VB.NET on 12/11/2009 | Views : 3212 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 7
in my vb.net 2003 application I have given shortcut keys for buttons ( e.g. &Save for Save button that can be Alt + S shortcut key).
At some of my customer's computer it works in begining but then it stopped working. I don't know why this happed and how can I solved it.
Pls. help me to solve this

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 12/11/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Did you test it personally ?

What Type of Keyboard are you using and what type of keyboards are they using ?

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

[Administrator]

Ramanujgeeta, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Abhi2434 on: 12/11/2009 [Member] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver

Up
Down
I think some other program is overriding the keypress of Ctrl +S. So it didnt call your functionality.

www.abhisheksur.com

Posted by: Ramanujgeeta on: 12/12/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Hi Vuyiswa

yes I test it personally

I think there is not any issue of keyboard because before this it works with the same keyboard.Have you any idea about the file in windows that required to support shortcut keys? that may be corrupted or changed. And also it possible that higher version of .NET Framework may cause the problem.
If You have any idea then pls. help me

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 12/14/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
I tried to create an Example that will give me a Problem like it does on your side, i was not succsessful. Please Send us a small Example Project and tell us the Environment of your client. e.g OS etc.

Thank you for posting at dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

[Administrator]

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 12/14/2009 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
I tried to create an Example that will give me a Problem like it does on your side, i was not successful. Please Send us a small Example Project and tell us the Environment of your client. e.g OS etc.

Thank you for posting at dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

[Administrator]

Posted by: Ramanujgeeta on: 12/14/2009 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
I haven't made any coding for shortcut key. I use Alt + shortcut key it means I use "&" character in text(caption) of button e.g. &Save = Alt + S, &Print = Alt + P etc.

My client use XP SP2 Operating system.

Up
Down
are you using the same ?

[Administrator]

Login to post response