Connecting to SQL Server database using Dreamweaver 8

Posted by Skhu under Error and Solution on 9/10/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 3354 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2

Hi I want to use Micromedia Dreamweaver 8 to create a dynamic site using ASP.net C. First thing I want to create is a login page for the users.
I'm using SQL Server 2005 Express edition.
I connect SQL server using windows authentication(No password),
I assume I have full permissions on the SQL server because I have installed it,
The IIS is installed and running
I have managed to set up the testing server successfully. Now I'm stuck on the database connectivity with the following error message:

Cannot open database "database name" requested by the login. The login failed.

What is realy confussing me is that when I click Test Connection button it say Connection succeeded and when I test again from the OLE DB Connection dialog box it gives the above error. from that when I just click ok anyway, on that right hand pane it will create that connection with a name that I gave to it but when I drill down that "+" sign there are No Stored Procedure, No Tables and No Views.

I tried to play arround with the connection string but I'm just not winning. why I'm bettling so much with this?
This is unlike Visual studio is very easy on these connection strings. Please help

Responses

Posted by: Jayakumars on: 9/29/2012 [Member] [MVP] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi
put your webconfig file

<add name="DbConnect" connectionString="data source=PC-PC;Initial Catalog=Test;User Id=sa;Pwd=ni@12345;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

Mark as Answer if its helpful to you

Skhu, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Jayakumars on: 9/29/2012 [Member] [MVP] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi
Please mark as answer if it helpful to you.

Mark as Answer if its helpful to you

Skhu, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response