Excel gerneration - urgent

Posted by Nishithraj under ASP.NET on 1/7/2010 | Views : 1258 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
I need to create an excel file with some of the rows locked and some of them are unlocked. Also I need to protect the sheet using a password. I've done this by Interop.Excel component. But it's working well with default webserver. While configuring with IIS, it's throwing an error. I gone through several websites and cleared that error by doing some dcomconfig.

Now the application throwing another error such as "Insufficient memort". In my maching excel 2007 is installed. I tried the same application with the another machine, there excel 2003 is there. The application works well.

So, the Interop.Excel has some problems with office 2007.

Any one has faced same kind of issues and found the resolution kindly reply for this post???

Mark this as answer, if it is.....

With regards
Nishithraj Narayanan

Responses

Posted by: Abhi2434 on: 1/11/2010 [Member] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver

Up
Down
I think you must create a separate Application Pool for your application.
This will give you more memory area for your application, bcos in that case a separate process will be allocated for your Application which will not share its resources with others.

www.abhisheksur.com

Nishithraj, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Nishithraj on: 1/13/2010 [Member] Bronze

Up
Down
Abhi,
Thanks for your information.

But My application is already having a seperate pool in IIS.
The same situation is there here too. In my machine only office 2007 has installed.

Mark this as answer, if it is.....

With regards
Nishithraj Narayanan

Posted by: Abhi2434 on: 1/13/2010 [Member] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver

Up
Down
I think there might be problem of Interop. Office 2007 Interop should be different than Office 2003 Interop.

www.abhisheksur.com

Login to post response