1) ASP is Interpreted language based on scripting languages like Jscript or
2) ASP has Mixed HTML and coding logic.
3) Limited development and debugging tools available.
4) Limited OOPS support.
5) Limited Session and Application state management.
6) Poor Error-Handling Mechanism.
7) No in-built support for XML.
8) No fully distributed data source support.
1) ASP.Net is supported by compiler and has compiled language support.
2) Separate code and design logic possible.
3) Variety of compilers and tools available including the Visual studio.Net.
4) Completely Object Oriented Support.
5) Complete Session and Application state management.
6) Full proof Error-Handling Mechanism.
7) Full XML Support for easy data exchange.
8) Fully distributed data source support
1. ASP.Net web forms have a code behind file which contains all event handling code.
2. ASP.Net web forms inherit the class written in code behind.
3. ASP.Net web forms use full fledged programming language
4. ASP.Net web applications are configurable (web.config)
5. ASP.Net webforms can use custom controls through the @ register directive
6. ASP.Net web forms have ADO.Net which supports XML integration and integration of data from two or more data sources
1. ASP does not have such facility to separate programming logic from design.
2. ASP does not have the concept of inheritance.
3. ASP pages use scripting language.
4. ASP applications are not.
5. It is not available with ASP.
6. while ASP has ADO which is a simple COM object with limited facilities.
Rajesh081725, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator