Getting error while hosting the web service in IIS.

Posted by Prabu_Spark under IIS on 10/31/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 1810 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hi sir,
I try to host the webservice in IIS. But i am getting compiler error as shown below. I successfully created the webservice without any warnings
or errors. But during the hosting in IIS, i am getting the error message like this. Kindly give me the solution for that.

Compiler Error Message: CS0016: Could not write to output file 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\vas_webservice\4aab81a5\192ca23e\App_Web_defaultwsdlhelpgenerator.aspx.cdcab7d2.dyjul7gj.dll' -- 'Access is denied. '

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

With regards,
J.Prabu.
[Email:prbspark@gmail.com]

Responses

Posted by: Vasanthmvp on: 10/31/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi, here is the procedure to host your web service on IIS.

1. (windows+R) and write "inetmrg"
(OR)
Open Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager from Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager.
2. Right click Sites and click on Add Web Site
3. Specify the site name and physical path that you want to host. (port no also,if you want to host it on other port no)
4. Go to application pools, double click on it. Select the framework for your site. click OK.
5. Now go to your recently created website and right click on it --> Manage WebSite --> Restart (if stopped previously)
6. Now your service is ready to be consumed.
To know more on WCF services: Refer
http://wcftutorial.net/WCF-Throttling.aspx
Regards,

Awesome Coding !! :)

Prabu_Spark, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Jayakumars on: 10/31/2012 [Member] [MVP] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi
give permission readonly and also

right the bin folder checkbox remove them.

Mark as Answer if its helpful to you

Posted by: Prabu_Spark on: 11/1/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi sir,
What permission i have to give to the web service folder hosted in IIS.

Error:

I try to host the webservice in IIS. But i am getting compiler error as shown below. I successfully created the webservice without any warnings
or errors. But during the hosting in IIS, i am getting the error message like this. Kindly give me the solution for that.

Compiler Error Message: CS0016: Could not write to output file 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\vas_webservice\4aab81a5\192ca23e\App_Web_defaultwsdlhelpgenerator.aspx.cdcab7d2.dyjul7gj.dll' -- 'Access is denied. '

With regards,
J.Prabu.
[Email:prbspark@gmail.com]

Login to post response