1)WCF Service is Microsoft's implementation of SOAP.
2)We get a much higher degree of flexibility and portability.
3) WCF can be hosted on IIS, Self hosting, Windows service and Windows activation service
4) WCF Uses DataContractSerializer which is better in Performance as Compared to XmlSerializer.
5) DataContractSerializer can translate the members of objects into XML regardless of the access modifiers of those members.
6) DataContractSerializer being able to access the non-public members of a type is that it requires full trust.
7) [ServiceContraact] attribute has to be added to the class.
8)One-Way, Request-Response, Duplex are different type of operations supported in WCF.
9) System.Runtime.Serialization namespace is used for serialization.
10)WCF supports more of WS-* standards than web services.
11)WCF can maintain transactions like COM+.
12)It has JSON integration.
1)Web Service is an abstract term encompassing a large variety of data providers for distributed systems.
2)Web Services Use XmlSerializer .
3)Web service can be hosted on IIS only where as
4)The XmlSerializer can only translate the public members of a .NET object into XML
5)XmlSerializer does not able to access the non-public members of a type
6)In Webservice unhandled exceptions are returned to clients.
6)[WebService] attribute has to be added to the class.
7) One-way, Request- Response are the different operations supported in web service.
8)System.Xml.serialization name space is used for serialization.
9)Can be accessed through HTTP, TCP, Custom.
10)Security.Rajeshk, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator