Want to learn .Net Programming

Posted by Sprao.K under C# on 12/10/2012 | Points: 10 | Views : 1834 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 7
Hi,

I don't know any thing about .Net technology and I want to learn .Net, don't know where to start.
I am really confused with terminology like ASP.net, VB.Net, C# .Net,MVP, WPF etc... Now a days many people use C# (C Sharp) .Net.
I want to learn the latest and widely used one, I don't know which is latest/widely used among ASP, VB, C# .

What is the relationship between .Net and ASP,VB, C# etc?

If, I want to learn C# .net, do i need to learn ASP.Net first? or I can directly start C# with out ASP knowledge?

I know basics of C, C++, Java and sound SQL+, PL/SQL etc.

So please advice me how to go ahead with a clear road map...

Thanks in advance!

Responses

Posted by: perfectchourasia-9163 on: 12/10/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
http://sandeep-chourasia.blogspot.in/2011/07/link-for-beggineer.html

ER sandeep chourasia
sandeepchrs@yahoo.com (on facebook)
http://www.aspnetcodes.com/

Sprao.K, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sprao.K on: 12/10/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down

Thanks for your reply...

Just repeating the same question in a different way
1. Which is the best among ASP.Net, VB.Net, C# .Net?
2. If, I want to learn C# .net, do i need to learn ASP.Net first?
If, not required then I can skip ASP.Net and can start C#.
I have time constraint, want to learn as quick as possible as I have some urgent job on hands of redeveloping of Oracle Forms Reports based Application on .Net. Even I have to learn some report writer like crystal reports or any similar tool which can be used for reports instead of Oracle Reports....

Please advice me ...

Posted by: Santhiram on: 12/10/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
C#.net/VB.net are programming languages to develop windows & web applications wheras ASP.net is framework to develop webapps /websites.

To learn ASP.net ,first you need to learn C#.net.

You can do windows applications without knowing ASP.net ,but C#/VB.net are the base of Dotnet.

So first you need to know these languages.

Posted by: Sprao.K on: 12/11/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks Santhiram for your reply, cleared my doubts. I watched some videos on youtube as well

Now, I want to know some thing about WindowsForms and WebForms. I have an Financial Application(GL, Investment modules) built on Oracle Developer 2000 (forms and reports), its quite old version. Now I want to redevelop? the entire application using .Net. My problem is, I am not able to decide which one to choose between windowsforms or webforms. Some people said that Financial applications should be on windows forms only... if you use webforms then there will be server logout problem when a report/process takes long time to complete... What are the known issues if I use webforms for a financial Application? webforms suitable for financial applications? I just want to make sure before I start doing some thing... thanks!

Posted by: perfectchourasia-9163 on: 12/11/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Without C# u can't code well once your oops concept is clear then u will easilly learn the asp.net, asp.net is mainly for web developer.

ER sandeep chourasia

Posted by: Sprao.K on: 12/11/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks for your reply!
No doubt, without C# can't do any thing. I worked on C, C++, Java in the past so there wont be any problem in learning C#.
My second question with ref. to my last post in reply to Mr. Santhiram, should I consider windows forms or webforms for my financial application which in currently running on oracle forms and reports (client/server)? Thanks!

Posted by: perfectchourasia-9163 on: 12/11/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
For this you should go for Web development in that case use can use payment gateway....

ER sandeep chourasia

Login to post response