How to create setup for windows application along with app.config?

Posted by Prabu_Spark under ASP.NET on 1/1/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 1964 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1
Hi sir,
I developed one application, in that i want to create setup project for my client. I want to put app.config to add the connection string after installing that in client machine. If i create setup for windows application, i cant able to view the app.config. Tell me the steps to create setup project for windows application. Kindly give me the solution for this problem.

With regards,
J.Prabu.
[Email:prbspark@gmail.com]

Responses

Posted by: Yuvaopens on: 1/2/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,

Right click the solution in solution explorer and click Add --> New Project and choose the path with name of the setup file in the name text box....

A Window will appears... In that window select Other Types in the left pane and select setup i the right pane..... Click OK....

In Your IDE..... 3 option will be appear..... Click on first option on the left pane.... Right click on the right pane and click project output and click OK to the windows..... Again right click on the right pane and click add--> File and add the app config file from the browser window.....

Then click 2nd option in left pane..... Then right click on the right pane and click on the create shortcut cut---- Click OK for the Project output........ Rename the App Name what you want to be it in desktop and start menu....

Then click 3rd option in left pane..... Then right click on the right pane and click on the create shortcut cut---- Click OK for the Project output........
Rename the App Name what you want to be it in desktop and start menu....

Then Compile the Setup project from the so;ution explorer..... Now you can get the setup file as .exe and .msi file in the debug folder....

I Hope this will works fine....

Thanks & Regards,

Yuvaraj.S

Prabu_Spark, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response