tab container in Ajax control toolkit

Posted by Bhupender.Yadav under ASP.NET AJAX on 4/9/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 2906 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 11
hey
i am working on a project in which i have used a ajax toolkit where i am using a tab container,
but i am facing problem win this,i have 3 tab .the problem is that when i click on any other tab its not working e.g 1 tab is working proprly but when i click button in the next tab its not responding.

With Regards,
Bhupender Yadav

Responses

Posted by: Bhupender.Yadav on: 4/9/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
I am using ajaxcontroltoolkit 4.1

With Regards,
Bhupender Yadav

Bhupender.Yadav, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Prabu_Spark on: 4/9/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Bhupender Yadav ,
Can you share your code, i will try to solve your error.

With regards,
J.Prabu.
[Email:prbspark@gmail.com]

Bhupender.Yadav, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Prabu_Spark on: 4/9/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Bhupender Yadav ,
May i know what error is coming, because i saw your code, but i dont have full code and database,
Kindly share the code in forum, so any other can help you. Kindly mention the error name.

With regards,
J.Prabu.

Posted by: Santhiram on: 4/9/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Please go through this links ,for detailed information about Ajax tabcontainer..very easy to understand & straight forward so that you can fix your issue.

http://www.dotnetcurry.com/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=178

http://asp-net-example.blogspot.com/2009/11/ajax-tabcontainer-and-tabpanel-how-to.html

Posted by: Bhupender.Yadav on: 4/10/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
i am not getting any error in normal debugging, the controls are not working on tab.when it work on 1 tab,at that time it wont work on the 2nd tab
and when i debug by using breakpoint,it show no source available.

With Regards,
Bhupender Yadav

Up
Down
i mean to say when control on 1 tab are working ,at that time when i click on other tab ,the control like save button wont work...when i click then they wont respond.

With Regards,
Bhupender Yadav

Up
Down
now i got the reason of this problem,
this problem is persisting because i am using requiredfieldvalidtr with the txtbox.

can anyone have solution to this

With Regards,
Bhupender Yadav

Posted by: Prabu_Spark on: 4/10/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Bhupender.Yadav,
Your telling right answer. You can solve this issue by setting validation group for textbox,button and required field validator in tabpanel1,
validation group for textbox,button and required field validator in tabpanel2. Kindly give me the feedback.

With regards,
J.Prabu.

Posted by: Bhupender.Yadav on: 4/11/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Prabhu_Spark
its working well when i remove the required field validtr from the tab, now i have validated the textbox manually
,and its working well,
but i have a question that is this is a demerit of tab container that we cannot use requiredfield validtr in it????

With Regards,
Bhupender Yadav

Posted by: Prabu_Spark on: 4/11/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Bhupender Yadav,
First take the first tab put label,textbox,required field validator and button in it, set the validation group property of textbox, button and required field validator as "Tab1_required_field" for all the three controls. Similarly take the second , set the validation group property as names "Tab2_required_field" for all the controls present in tab2. It will works fine separately depend on
validation group.

With regards,
J.Prabu.

Posted by: Bhupender.Yadav on: 4/11/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hey Prabhu_Spark
Can You Please gave me a example of the validation. i will be thankful to you.

With Regards,
Bhupender Yadav

With Regards,
Bhupender Yadav

Login to post response