Template with gridview taking too much time.

Posted by Santosh under ASP.NET on 7/22/2008 | Views : 2090 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 5
I am using a template field radiobuttonlist with gridview. it is running properly .but when data size increase arround 4000-5000 reocords. browser take 100% CPU time and system hung up for 10-15 minute. and take too much time to show result. but if i remove this control form grid then data comes within less than 1 minute.

is there any solution of this problem.

Responses

Posted by: Raja on: 7/23/2008 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
First I am hoping that you are not using RadioButtonList (http://dotnetfunda.com/tutorials/controls/radiobuttonlist.aspx ) control but using RadioButton (http://dotnetfunda.com/tutorials/controls/radiobutton.aspx ) control as both are different in use and functionality. I am hoping that you want to use radiobutton to select a particular row for further action by the user.

Next, I would suggest to try setting false to EnableViewState property of the radiobutton and see if it works.

Regards,
Raja, USA

Santosh, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Santosh on: 7/23/2008 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Hi
Raja thanks for ur valuable response.

Actully I need RadionbuttonList not Radio button bcz there are there choices for user. user can Approved,Hold,Discard the record.so its compalsary to implement radionbuttonlist.

now i set the EnableViewState Property to false of RadionbuttonList but still its taking same time.

is there any alternative of this problem.

Thanks

Posted by: Raja on: 7/24/2008 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Sorry, no idea what are taking this much of time. You can use Trace to find out where time is being spent and try to work on that.

Thanks

Regards,
Raja, USA

Posted by: Majith on: 7/24/2008 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Hi Santhosh ,
How are you trying to trap the problem? You should provide some more details and/or code.

Posted by: Santosh on: 7/24/2008 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Hi Everybody

I have trace the code.
its taking too much time to load template controls(RadioButtonList).
now i have removed the Template control form grid and using some hyperlink to solve this problem.

there is no problem with data loading but have to write a lot of code to manage it through java script.

Thanks

Login to post response