what is the difference between mvp and 3 tier architecture?

Posted by Krishnamanohar under ASP.NET on 4/24/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 4778 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hi Experts,
recently i have faced one question .
1)which architecture you used in your project?
and my answeris :MVP
then they asked that what is use of mvp we can achieve the same thing using 3 tier architecture(presentation,business logic ,dataaccess layers) also.
can any one answer me urgent pls
Thanks in Advance
Krish

Responses

Posted by: aswinialuri-19361 on: 4/24/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi

In asp.net drag and drop controls are possible but mvc it is not possible an we use html tag controls in mvc
and
-tier architecture usually has each layer separated by the network. I.E. the presentation layer is on some web servers, then that talks to back-end app servers over the network for business logic, then that talks to a database server, again over the network, and maybe the app server also calls out to some remote services (say Authorize.net for payment processing).

MVC is a programming design pattern where different portions of code are responsible for representing the Model, View, and controller in some application. These two things are related because, for instance the Model layer may have an internal implementation that calls a database for storing and retrieving data. The controller may reside on the webserver, and remotely call appservers to retrieve data. MVC abstracts away the details of how the architecture of an app is implemented.
Model on which model we wanted to build
View means UI of the Application
Contol Means the logic Which controls the Application

3-tier just refers to the physical structure of an implementation. These two are sometimes confused because an MVC design is often implemented using an 3-tier architecture.
Thanks &Regards
AswiniAluri

Mark as Answer if it helps you
Thanks&Regards
Aswini Aluri

Krishnamanohar, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Krishnamanohar on: 4/24/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Aswini,
first of all thanks for your reply.but
i am not asking about mvc , i want to know what is exact difference b\w mvp and 3 tier architecture?
i have faced this question why we use mvp instead of 3 tier architecture ?we can acive same thing using 3 tier architecture instead of mvp?
i need the exact answer
Thanks in Advance
Krish

Posted by: aswinialuri-19361 on: 4/24/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi krishna,

mvp means -model view presenter it is advanced form of mvc
highly supported to unit testing

A MVP system is an evolved version of MVC. In this pattern, view receives the UI events and calls the presenter as needed. Presenter is also responsible for updating the view with the new data generated by the model.

Model - Model can be thought of as the interface to the data. Any part of the program which needs some data to work on must go through the interface or functions defined by the developer who is maintaining the model part. Typically, model houses all the validation routines for the data submitted by the end user

View - View, as the name implies, is the part where end user interacts. The development of this part can be delegated to a specialized designer. A program may have any number of views.

Presenter - Presenter acts as an intermediary to make the decoupling possible. All the business logic required for responding to a user event is written inside the Presenter layer. Typically the view only has the event handler and the logic to call the appropriate presenter functions, helping the person working on the view to concentrate upon designing the user interface without worrying about the code behind file. Presenter is also responsible for retrieving the requested data from the model and formats it so that the view can render it without any overhead.

MVP is the successor of MVC and one of the popular design patterns used in the .NET world to build a decoupled system. System designed with MVP pattern also promotes unit testing making your program rock solid.

Mark as Answer if it helps you
Thanks&Regards
Aswini Aluri

Login to post response