creating windows service usin c# problem [Resolved]

Posted by Tobi under C# on 4/29/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 4483 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 5
hi everybody
i m sos sorry for disturbing you but i have a small problem and hope that someone would be able to give me a few minutes.
i have already read a lot of post and i followed "Chvrsri" post about windows services but when i try to install my new service i have this error saying that the installation failed.
this is the message generated in the report:(i m sorry it's in french)

Exécution d'une installation traitée avec transaction.

Début de la phase d'installation de l'installation.
Consultez le contenu du fichier journal pour l'avancement de l'assembly c:\Users\rajaa\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WindowsService1\WindowsService1\bin\Debug\WindowsService1.exe.
Le fichier se trouve à c:\Users\rajaa\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WindowsService1\WindowsService1\bin\Debug\WindowsService1.InstallLog.

Une exception s'est produite lors de la phase d'installation.
System.Security.SecurityException: La source est introuvable mais certains ou l'ensemble des journaux des événements n'ont pas pu faire l'objet d'une recherche. Journaux inaccessibles : Security.

La phase de restauration de l'installation a commencé.
Consultez le contenu du fichier journal pour l'avancement de l'assembly c:\Users\rajaa\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WindowsService1\WindowsService1\bin\Debug\WindowsService1.exe.
Le fichier se trouve à c:\Users\rajaa\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WindowsService1\WindowsService1\bin\Debug\WindowsService1.InstallLog.

La phase de restauration est terminée.

L'installation traitée avec transaction est terminée

Responses

Posted by: Annaharris on: 5/15/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
Your system's language is french and thus it throws an exception. Change the language in your system.

Tobi, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Tobi on: 5/6/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
thank you for your answear

Posted by: Tobi on: 5/7/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi, my system 's language is already french
i dont understand i followed the post which was perfect but it didn't work.
i dont find "myservice.exe" but "myservice.vshost.exe"
i need some help because it's my first windows service
the message is:
there is not an installation programme with the attribute RunInstallerAttribute.YES in the assembly
i don't understand this error
thanks

Posted by: Tobi on: 5/15/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
i just had to put the display name
build (ctrl + shift + B)
open the visual studio command prompt (admin)
and finally use the command installutil name_of_service.exe when you are in the right directory
thanks for the help
enjoy

Posted by: Tobi on: 5/15/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
but this error says that the source is not found because i wasn't in the right directory and tried to install myService.vshost.exe
after this i changed the directory and found myservice.exe and the install was completed
but thanks for the help i really appreciate person like you trying to help people

Login to post response