creating windows service usin c# problem [Resolved]

Posted by Tobi under C# on 4/29/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 3593 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 6
hi everybody
i m sos sorry for disturbing you but i have a small problem and hope that someone would be able to give me a few minutes.
i have already read a lot of post and i followed "Chvrsri" post about windows services but when i try to install my new service i have this error saying that the installation failed.
this is the message generated in the report:(i m sorry it's in french)

Exécution d'une installation traitée avec transaction.

Début de la phase d'installation de l'installation.
Consultez le contenu du fichier journal pour l'avancement de l'assembly c:\Users\rajaa\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WindowsService1\WindowsService1\bin\Debug\WindowsService1.exe.
Le fichier se trouve à c:\Users\rajaa\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WindowsService1\WindowsService1\bin\Debug\WindowsService1.InstallLog.

Une exception s'est produite lors de la phase d'installation.
System.Security.SecurityException: La source est introuvable mais certains ou l'ensemble des journaux des événements n'ont pas pu faire l'objet d'une recherche. Journaux inaccessibles : Security.

La phase de restauration de l'installation a commencé.
Consultez le contenu du fichier journal pour l'avancement de l'assembly c:\Users\rajaa\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WindowsService1\WindowsService1\bin\Debug\WindowsService1.exe.
Le fichier se trouve à c:\Users\rajaa\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\WindowsService1\WindowsService1\bin\Debug\WindowsService1.InstallLog.

La phase de restauration est terminée.

L'installation traitée avec transaction est terminée

Responses

Posted by: Annaharris on: 5/15/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
Your system's language is french and thus it throws an exception. Change the language in your system.

Tobi, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Jitendrasoft09 on: 4/29/2013 [Member] [MVP] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,
Error is throwing as French so your exe of system is not identifying the installation for new service, change language as French in your system.

Jitendra Kumar
If my post helps you, plz mark as an answer.

Posted by: Tobi on: 5/6/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
thank you for your answear

Posted by: Tobi on: 5/7/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi, my system 's language is already french
i dont understand i followed the post which was perfect but it didn't work.
i dont find "myservice.exe" but "myservice.vshost.exe"
i need some help because it's my first windows service
the message is:
there is not an installation programme with the attribute RunInstallerAttribute.YES in the assembly
i don't understand this error
thanks

Posted by: Tobi on: 5/15/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
i just had to put the display name
build (ctrl + shift + B)
open the visual studio command prompt (admin)
and finally use the command installutil name_of_service.exe when you are in the right directory
thanks for the help
enjoy

Posted by: Tobi on: 5/15/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
but this error says that the source is not found because i wasn't in the right directory and tried to install myService.vshost.exe
after this i changed the directory and found myservice.exe and the install was completed
but thanks for the help i really appreciate person like you trying to help people

Login to post response