how to make active and deactive a row in gridview

Posted by Srinu0411 under ASP.NET on 2/19/2010 | Views : 2338 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
iam filling data in gridview with dataset which is getting data from sql server.

how to make a row active and deactive in gridview.

kaja srinivas

Responses

Posted by: Abhi2434 on: 2/19/2010 [Member] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver

Up
Down
I think just you need a CSS for active and deactive rows . In web, every record is based on its color.

If you put a greyed color, user will think it as InActive, and if florescent it is active.

:)

www.abhisheksur.com

Srinu0411, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 2/19/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
i once i had a requirement to make certain cells look disabled. believe me , even third party control did not have that functionality. i had to set the color to dark grey. but you will find some users who will click it and that cell or row might contain a value that might confuse your functionality. There only way if that before you submit values , you must check if the color of that cell was not part of the those that are disabled. now on the row level its simple you can get the id's of the rows that are disabled and when you want to use the values from the gridview you just check against that list.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Posted by: Nishithraj on: 2/24/2010 [Member] Bronze

Up
Down
you can check each row by e.row of rowbound method. You can change the appearance there.

Mark this as answer, if it is.....

With regards
Nishithraj Narayanan

Login to post response