What you want to see on DotNetFunda.com?

Posted by Sheonarayan under DotNetFunda.Com on 5/20/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 6949 | Status : [Administrator] | Replies : 12
Dear Members,

DotNetFunda.com has helped millions of readers by one or the other way in their day to day software development job either by

* providing solution to a specific problem in Forums
* teaching technologies in Articles section
* helping them clearing Interviews from Interview section
* guiding them to follow right career path with Career Advice section
* and with many more different ways by Videos, Codes, Community, Blog, Bookmarks and other section

To make DotNetFunda.com more helpful and useful to you, we would like to know what you want to see on DotNetFunda.com or what you think about DotNetFunda.com.

Please let us know your comments or suggestions (positive/negative) by responding to this post.

Thanks

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Responses

Posted by: Raja on: 5/20/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Dear Sheo,

Thanks so much for providing such a nice platform to us, of course it has helped a lot to us.

In my opinion, perhaps changing the look and feel of the website to make it more appealing would be nice.

Thanks

Regards,
Raja, USA

Sheonarayan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Ankitsrist on: 5/21/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Raja is right look of the website should be change

Posted by: Rabbil on: 5/21/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Mr.Sheonarayan!

Being a beginner in this field (i.e MS.Net) I've got a lots of help and knowledge exchange from DOTNETFUNDA,since I've started my career as a developer.
Although,I'm a beginner; I've great enthusiasm for knowledge exchange(till present whatever I've learned) and in future also I'd like to be in touch...
Therefore,I'd like to add some of my views regarding the improvement of this platform.....

I agree with Mr.Raja 's feedback regarding the UI as the content are enough for knowledge references only thing is that it require more focus on some similar contents/posts.
As an example
if any user is viewing any post or answering the post he/she can view some similar/related post regarding their queries so that more and more references could be made available at the same moments viewable Parallely nearby.Like, at present in the footer part a Topic called as "Latest Posts" can be viewed similarly, a related post/queries could also be made available related to the queries or post which might be showing at that moment, so that every time if the exact phrase/answer is matched or Not matched by any user then the user can view the similar queries at the same time i.e parallely (apart from Latest Post which is also very useful ) by the side of that query may be on the basis of the rating or something more suitable.

I hope this would be useful for all of us...
Any clarification then let me know !!

"I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think"~ Socrates
Thanks And Regards

Posted by: Niladri.Biswas on: 5/21/2013 [Member] Platinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
And here is my wishlist.....

1) Improvement in Monthly article competition

Currently whoever submits the maximum article gets the first prize.Instead,choose the best article in each category based on the votes of readers.And award the prize.

2) Monthly Coding competition

Recently I have written some articles on the various competitions where I participated with the soultions that I proposed.Expecting same (atleast we can start with C#) from the site.

3) DNF Library

This will include

a) Best articles of the month
b) White papers

4) DFN weekly newsletter

Keeps us gear up with what is happening in DNF for the week.

5) Submit a Tip/Trick

Where the author can show a tip for simplifying a problem

6) List Articles by Category

Like for User (say Niladri),the articles can be categorized as

C# : 10
XML: 5
SQL: 8
MULE: 12 etc.

7) DNF Code Improvement Forum

E.g. Some may have written a code like

string temp = string.Empty;
for(int i=0;i<10;i++)
temp += "," + collections[i];
temp = temp.Substring(1,temp.length);

Then he/she has posted this in the forum and has asked for suggestion.

This can be improved as

string temp = string.join(",",collections);

8) Publish yearly Ebooks

- Set up a panel of members
- pick up the best unique topics.articles/blogs from the various categories e.g. C#, SQL Server, Asp.net,WPf etc.
- publish ebooks

9) Site look and feel improvement

As suggested by others, so is my vote too. (:

10) View User Level
Can we have an option from where we can see as how many users belongs to which level (e.g. Platinum,Diamond,gold etc..)?

11) Increase the prize money

I feel that the effort we put in writing articles should worth some more value(monetorywise) than we receive. will be great if this can be improve.Again this is only a suggestion. (:

12) Article Publishing Scheduling feature

One more point I would like to address is the date of publishing content.Suppose I have written 3 articles in a day and I would like to publish them in 3 consecutive days. 1 article for per day.The system should have an option of scheduling the date of the articles.At present we donot have such an option.We need to post the articles on a daily basis.But it is good to have such a "scheduling" feature.

Best Regards,
Niladri Biswas

Posted by: Sheonarayan on: 5/23/2013 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Great suggestions from everybody, especially from Niladri (detailed one).

Will keep them noted, any more suggestions ???

Regards,
Sheo Narayan

Posted by: Niladri.Biswas on: 5/23/2013 [Member] Platinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
I would like to find another option to delete an article (user specific) or atleast by moderator once it is found to be invalid or the author request to do so.For a published article, the delete button should never appear.

Best Regards,
Niladri Biswas

Posted by: Annaharris on: 5/24/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi, I will definitely abide all the rules & regulations of this forum.

Posted by: Sheonarayan on: 5/24/2013 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Dear Niladri,

I can understand from where you are coming for the delete option.

However, as a rule of thumb; we had decided that we will not delete any record from our live database but we will disable them so that it will not appear publicly. Of course, this is a choice that we have made and it is specific to our case only however we want to stick to this as we had very hard time giving this option earlier.

Hope you can understand.

Thanks

Regards,
Sheo Narayan

Posted by: Jitendrasoft09 on: 5/31/2013 [Member] [MVP] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Sheonarayan,

There are following ways to improve the forum sections-
(a) Members must write the description what is in there in link.
(b) Technical people must overview the answer and should see the weightage of answer, not from database to count how many answer to be hitted.
(c) For hitting the answer only it makes unnecessary and unused answer for everyone.
(d) Mention the name who are trying to post or answer on forum and must declare additional appreciation work for the month with any prizes or not.

Jitendra Kumar
If my post helps you, plz mark as an answer.

Posted by: Niladri.Biswas on: 6/4/2013 [Member] Platinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
In the year 2010, you have launched "Article Writing Contest - 19-Apr-2010 to 25-Jun-2010".

Also in the year 2011,you have launched "Article Writing Competition 2011 "(http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article1381-article-writing-competition-2011-win-rs-21000-cash-324778-worth-.aspx)

So on every "DNF Anniversary", such kind of competition should go on..that is what I feel.

You should keep such kind of contest every year.It is good to have such kind of contest with great appreciations and prizes.

Don't know what is the reason that it stopped on 5th Anniversary and no news about 6th one!

Best Regards,
Niladri Biswas

Posted by: Satyapriyanayak on: 6/5/2013 [Member] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
Dear Admin,

In the prize section only two subscription are provided to the winners they are (Web Programming source code, ebook and video & jQuery tip & tricks source code, ebook and video).Suppose if the same user is declared as winner for more than 2 consecutive month then same subscription is provided. So already having that subscription has no use at all. So please don't provide the same subscription repeatedly to the user. Please give access to other subscription. It is a request.

Regards
Satya

If this post helps you mark it as answer
Thanks

Posted by: HARDDO on: 7/8/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
China online sale shop for men and women free shipping cheap discountA&F,Adidas,Armani,Gucci,Boss,Burberry,Ck,Nike,Mk,Polo,The North
Face,Versace,Fendi,Hermes.Ed Hardy...
1,Gucci,burberry,LV,DG: Short T-shirt,long T-shirt,hoody,Bikini... $23 up
2,sandals,slipper,Gucci&berberry&LV&DG... $40 Shoes,Nike, Lebron James ,Jordan $43
3,Belt: A&F,Adidas,Armani,Gucci,Boss,Burberry,Ck,Nike,Mk,Polo...$22
bag only $25.88
4,Watches for Rado,Gucci,Rolex,Omega only $83.

Top 10th china online shop fashion Luxury brand
http://www.msngoodsale.com
http://www.onlinesalebrandchina.com

http://www.msngoodsale.com
http://www.onlinesalebrandchina.com

Login to post response