How to cancel Tasks and Handling Exceptions in c# [Resolved]

Posted by Jitendrasoft09 under C# on 6/25/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 1334 | Status : [Member] [MVP] | Replies : 3
Hi All,
I want to understand how thread to be canceled and handling of exceptions in c#, please explain with example

Jitendra Kumar
If my post helps you, plz mark as an answer.

Responses

Posted by: Allemahesh on: 6/27/2013 [Member] [MVP] Silver | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
Unhandled exceptions that are thrown by user code that is running inside a task are propagated back to the joining thread, except in certain scenarios that are described later in this topic. Exceptions are propagated when you use one of the static or instance Task.Wait or Task<TResult>.Wait methods, and you handle them by enclosing the call in a try-catch statement. If a task is the parent of attached child tasks, or if you are waiting on multiple tasks, then multiple exceptions could be thrown. To propagate all the exceptions back to the calling thread, the Task infrastructure wraps them in an AggregateException instance. The AggregateException has an InnerExceptions property that can be enumerated to examine all the original exceptions that were thrown, and handle (or not handle) each one individually. Even if only one exception is thrown, it is still wrapped in an AggregateException.

Jitendrasoft09, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Satyapriyanayak on: 6/27/2013 [Member] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd997415.aspx

If this post helps you mark it as answer
Thanks

Posted by: Jitendrasoft09 on: 6/27/2013 [Member] [MVP] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks Satya..., nice explanation Allemah....

Jitendra Kumar
If my post helps you, plz mark as an answer.

Login to post response