Datetime Picker can support various custom format at the same time?

Posted by Tanwar18 under C# on 7/9/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 913 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 5
The user should be able to enter dates. 6/10/2013 or 6-10-2013 or June 6, 2013 in a Datetime picker control on run time in c#. Means the user should have this choice of entering any of the format as described above.

I am not sure how to do it as all i read over the internet is that there is only one custom format for the control.

Please help me if anybody knows about it.

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 7/9/2013 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
it is not always a Good idea to give a user that option. Its better you give me them a datepicker calender , this will lead to data inconsistency , which means you will need to have a code that will deal with these conversions for different kinds of formats that the user have entered before.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Tanwar18, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Tanwar18 on: 7/9/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks Admin for reply but please give me a hint how to apply this because i've to do this. the clients are demanding this feature.

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 7/9/2013 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
As i said that this will lead to Data inconsistency, as much as your client want it, also advice that it will lead to problems later. so i am not sure what is special in a data that one can want to type if there is something that is doing the typing by selecting a calender. Convey the message correctly then they will realize that they don't need this

[Administrator]

Posted by: Tanwar18 on: 7/9/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Ok. Thanks for your time.

Up
Down

[Administrator]

Login to post response