i want to know about AJAX project

Posted by Amithdarji under ASP.NET AJAX on 3/11/2010 | Views : 2242 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
Respected Sir,
First of all i would like to thank you for ur preios reply about that stored procedure.That really worked for me and even now i have learnt about 4-tier architecture.Once again thank you very much.
Now today my question is about AJAX. i downloaded the example that you have put on this website named ASP AJAX Now when i ran any page of ot it in "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005" i faced certain problems.

1. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (D:\EDUCATIONAL\net\EDUCATIONAL\Sample Projects\ASP AJAX\web.config line 44)

this displays the path where i have copied this project. the line that it tells 44 is like this

<add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

2. In the Masterpage it also displays an error like error creating Control-ScriptManager1
Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'

3. In the dropdown.aspx page it also showed an error like
Unknown server tag 'asp:UpdatePanel'

4. While in the multiup.aspx page there are multiple errors as many as 16

Weather there is any problem in the enironment in which i am running this project.

Please sir help me out of this. I am very eager to learn AJAX.Thanx in advance.

Responses

Posted by: Poster on: 3/11/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Looks like you do not have ASP.NET AJAX installed on your system.

Download ASP.NET AJAX from http://www.asp.net/ajax/ and try again.

Also do not forget to "mark as Answer" the earlier response of your question, this helps other people like you to find the answer easily.

Thank you.

Amithdarji, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 3/11/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Day Amithdarji

1. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (D:\EDUCATIONAL\net\EDUCATIONAL\Sample Projects\ASP AJAX\web.config line 44)

> Did you install Ajax ?

2. In the Masterpage it also displays an error like error creating Control-ScriptManager1
Unknown server tag 'asp:ScriptManager'

> Check you Toolbar if it has ajax Section if it has, on the design mode drag the ScriptManager to your page and delete it again, this will register the Scriptmanager, Switch to Source View and back again , the Scriptmanager error will be gone

3.In the dropdown.aspx page it also showed an error like
Unknown server tag 'asp:UpdatePanel'

Do the Same thing here by going to the Design View in the ajax section and drag the UpdatePanel to your page and delete it again and switch again and back to the design view and the error will be gone.

4. While in the multiup.aspx page there are multiple errors as many as 16

am not sure what you are refering to when you say multiup.aspx remember we dont see what your project so we cant know what is multiup.aspx so please explain this better.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Amithdarji, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response