Error in namespaces visual studio [Resolved]

Posted by Jopito under ASP.NET on 12/18/2013 | Points: 10 | Views : 2080 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
Helllow friends.i was playing around with my application but messsed around with the App_Start folder and also the account folder in my application,,am now getting the below errors with my application and tried adding references but not relly working out well,Can someone guide me how to solve this errors?

Error 11 The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Error 12 The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?) App_Start\Account\Register.aspx.cs

Error 14 The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?)App_Start\Account\Register.aspx.cs

Error 20 The type or namespace name 'RouteCollection' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Thank you,

Mark as answer if satisfied

Responses

Posted by: vishalneeraj-24503 on: 12/18/2013 [Member] [MVP] Platinum | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
Can you create the fresh website and try the same. if it's done properly then you have done something wrong with your old website.

Jopito, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: vishalneeraj-24503 on: 12/18/2013 [Member] [MVP] Platinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Have you added System.Web reference or namespace in your solution?

Posted by: Jopito on: 12/18/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Yeah,system.web its listed in the references.The mistake i did was from the App_Start folder and account folder,,This is were the errors came from after i mistakenly drsgged the folders to a css folder ,Now i have removed them from the CSS folder i had created but still gets the same errors

Am getting errors still like The type or namespace name 'AspNet' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Posted by: Jopito on: 12/18/2013 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Have created a new website and it works better....But now that wont make me loose the contents,Its a 3 months project or their is somehow i can migrate the contents safely?Also,their is no way i can sought that issue out please?Thank you

Login to post response