fileupload control in asp.net

Posted by Venkatesh under ASP.NET on 1/28/2014 | Points: 10 | Views : 625 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hi,

i am working on web application. i have two pages one page having file upload control and this path is saving is saving into database. another page having another file upload control here i am getting the path from database. so, this path i need to bind the data to file upload control, how we can do this?

Thanks,

Venkatesh.P

Responses

Posted by: Sheonarayan on: 1/29/2014 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Venkatesh,

You will not be able to bind the file path to the FileUpload control as it is not supported. You can place a Label nearby FileUpload control and display the link of the current image and let user select the new image if they want.

Thanks

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Venkatesh, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Maheshbabu on: 2/3/2014 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
FileUpload:
The FileUpload control allows the user to browse for and select the file to be uploaded, providing a Browse button and a text box for entering the filename.

Once, the user has entered the filename in the text box, by typing the name or browsing, the SaveAs method of the FileUpload control can be called to save the file to the disk.

for Live example visit:http://www.dotnetchallengers.com/App_Folder/Content/Tutorials/FileUpload/ASPNET_Fileupload.aspx

this may help for you

Posted by: Sravan661 on: 2/4/2014 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi,
You will not be able to bind the file path to the FileUpload control as it is not supported.
Is your requirement is to show the Preview in other page If so take an image or label based on the upload content and preview the content.
Hope this helps
Revert if you have questions

sravan

Login to post response