Hosting asp.net application [Resolved]

Posted by Jopito under ASP.NET on 6/30/2014 | Points: 10 | Views : 528 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hello friends.I have developed an asp.net application with vs 2012 and sql database.I need to host it but i don't know a place to host it.Tell me if i can have it hosted on azure or advice me on how i can have it hosted.Thank you.

Mark as answer if satisfied

Responses

Posted by: Goud.Kv on: 6/30/2014 [Member] [MVP] Gold | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
Hi Jopito,

I Suggest you to go for Web API Hosting in IIS.

Advantages over Self-Hosting:
IIS have a number of advantages over self-hosting (by the nature of its history and effort). This covers things like multiple concurrent sites with applications and virtual directories to advanced topics like load balancing and remote deployments. Not to mention you get a fancy-dancy GUI to go with everything.

Self-hosting doesn't (and probably won't) have these advanced features. It does, however, have simplicity on its side. With simplicity, it has the advantage of only requiring .Net installed (and the DLLs available) for a deployment. This means that it is well suited for things like integration tests and (small) stand-alone applications.

Thanks & Regards,
Krishna

Jopito, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Goud.Kv on: 6/30/2014 [Member] [MVP] Gold | Points: 25

Up
Down
And also go with Below Link,
http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/cloud-services-continuous-delivery-use-vso/

Thanks & Regards,
Krishna

Jopito, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response