Incorporate visitor' Name in forum section,Article,Interview,Code and more.

Posted by vishalneeraj-24503 under DotNetFunda.Com on 8/19/2014 | Points: 10 | Views : 588 | Status : [Member] [MVP] | Replies : 4
Hello Webmaster,
It would be nice,if we can incorporate such functionality like who is viewing Forum posts,Interview Section,Code,Article and more section.So that we can know yes this person has visited our post,interview and so on..
We can show the visitor'Name.

Responses

Posted by: Sheonarayan on: 8/19/2014 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Dear Vishal,

Thanks for the suggestions. Its only possible when a visitor is registered to the website; being a public and community website we can't force a visitor to register before reading a content on the website.

So we may not be able to incorporate this feature on the website. Sorry for this.

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

vishalneeraj-24503, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: vishalneeraj-24503 on: 8/20/2014 [Member] [MVP] Platinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hello Webmaster,

I understand that showing Visitor' names are not possible because they are not registered with the site.But i am concerned about the concerned about the registered users who are going to visit any post,interview questions,codes,articles or any thing on the site.
So,my concern is to show only registered user' name who visits.

vishalneeraj-24503, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 8/20/2014 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
Good Day Vishal@Neeraj

Thank you again for taking your time to make Dotnetfunda a better place. i personally dont see how will this help any user on the forum. What you request is also against Privacy Policies we have. e.g

Facebook are not allowed to disclose who are your Profile Viewers

This is similar to that. i hope you understand.

Thanks

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Posted by: vishalneeraj-24503 on: 8/20/2014 [Member] [MVP] Platinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Ok fine I can understand as this goes to policy violation.

Login to post response