SqlExpress Connection Problem

Posted by Klbaiju under Sql Server on 9/6/2014 | Points: 10 | Views : 316 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1
Hi Iam using SqlServer2008R2.installed with mixed mode.I can connect with windows authentication and sqlserver authentication. and working fine.

But I can't connect with SQLSever(Express).I also checked using sqlserver configuration manager.SqlExpress is there and it is stopped.when i try to start it is showing error.

also i tried with Services in administrationTools.there is also showing Error.iam using Windows7 with genuine license.due to this problem i can't use MVC using EF.

Error is Error 25 connection string is not valid

how to solve this.

Posted by: Sheonarayan on: 9/6/2014 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

In general, when you are trying to get the list of server to connect to Sql server Express; check for YourComputerName\SqlExpress database engine. Perhaps you are not selecting the right database engine.

As far as using ASP.NET MVC is concerned, you can use LocalDB (compact version of sql express) in asp.net mvc. This is file based database that supports everything that is in SqlExpress and it doesn't need any installation.

You can create LocalDb in App_Data folder in Visual Studio by using Database Explorer. If you are using ASP.NET MVC 5, it gets automatically created in the ASP.NET MVC new project template when you run the default application and try to register a username.

Hope this will help.

Thanks for asking the question.

Sheo Narayan

Klbaiju, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response