How to make a log file for different different session and auto clear them after a specific instance of time.

Posted by Er.deepakdalal under Regular Expressions on 4/27/2010 | Views : 1022 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Hi yaaro

Currently i am working on a web application in ASP.NET 3.5 and the database is SQL SERVER 2005, it is a completely database dependent application in which a bulk of data is handle so we need a complete log report of my application i am in doubt that it is auto generated by Web server or not if not then i want to create by my application so what is the best way to create without reducing the performance.

Steps Where to generate the Log file:-

1)When user login then start entry in the log file start by entering the user name and the time on which it or enter in the web application.

2)when data is uploaded on the server enter the file name and the record count load on the server.

3)When data is cleared from the server i.e time on which the data is cleared

etc.

i get all the value which i want to enter in the log file but i need the suggestion in the way by which i create the log file and the i want to create the log file on the web server on which the web application is deployed.also the auto deletion of the log file after a particular time limit.

I think now it will clear what i want.Please explain in detail

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 4/28/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Day Er.deepakdalal

What kind of Log do you want to Generate ?

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Er.deepakdalal, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Pavanandey on: 4/28/2010 [Member] Bronze

Up
Down

Since system generated log cannot be used to track the issue occured creating a custom log is better.

Thanks
Pavan Kumar
Mark Answer if this fits the need

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 4/28/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
i Understand that , but when(When what happen) do you want to Generate the application log ?

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Login to post response