how to end session user by user

Posted by Er.deepakdalal under Regular Expressions on 4/28/2010 | Views : 3996 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
Hi Friends

I want to end session user by user i.e the when the user click the logout button then the particular user session is ended not the whole application session.

Responses

Posted by: Abhijit Jana on: 4/28/2010 [Member] [MVP] Bronze

Up
Down
Hi,

For each and every client, session is created separately. So in Logout if you use Session.Abandon(), that will delete all the session object of Particular User. If you want to delete any particular session you need to use Session.Remove("SessionVariable");

I will suggest you to please read this article.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/ExploringSession.aspx

Cheers !
Abhijit

Er.deepakdalal, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Naveenmanam on: 4/29/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
ASP.NET is a stable and mature platform for building rich and powerful Web applications, so it's hard to imagine a new set of compelling features being added to it. But last fall, with the release of Service Pack 1 for ASP.NET 3.5, Microsoft refined the platform's built-in AJAX support and enhanced its productivity by shipping Dynamic Data controls, a new framework of components specifically designed to address the needs of data-driven and data-entry applications.

In parallel, Microsoft developed a brand-new, alternative programming model called ASP.NET MVC. Unlike the classic Web Forms model, ASP.NET MVC helps developers create Web applications in accordance with a widely recognized design pattern: the Model View Controller.
Today, the overall ASP.NET platform is made up of a few distinct components: Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, Dynamic Data controls and ASP.NET AJAX. The upcoming ASP.NET 4.0 platform has the same foundation as the latest 3.5 SP1 version, but it provides further refinement in the areas of Web Forms, Dynamic Data controls and, last but not least, ASP.NET AJAX.

see this link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee431529.aspx

NaveenKumar

Er.deepakdalal, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response