switch from development to testing

Posted by Harry24 under QA (Testing) on 2/17/2015 | Points: 10 | Views : 474 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 5
Hi ,
I am having 2 years of java development experience anf now i want to move to testing profile, I can even start as a junior level tester , But my concern out here is how to get the testing job? IF i mention my development expeeience in tha job portal then no recruiter contacts me for testing profile and if create a profile showing fake testing experience to get the appropraite testing job calls , then if i got selected there then tnose company will surely do background checking ? And they also expect the 2 years level of testing expertise.
Now in this case what should i do .how can u convince recruiters to hire you for testing.

Responses

Posted by: Bandi on: 2/17/2015 [Member] [MVP] Platinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
You should showcase your skills and confidence of doing better job in testing..

Better you go for any testing workshops or any weekend trainings so that you will be able to answer the interview questions as well and build soft skills to manage new responsibilities...

Mark This Response as Answer
--
Chandu
http://www.dotnetfunda.com/images/dnfmvp.gif

Harry24, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Harry24 on: 2/17/2015 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
You mean to say its ok to false experience in testing ?because nobody entertains a developer who wants to go in testing.kindly suggest

Posted by: Bandi on: 2/17/2015 [Member] [MVP] Platinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
am not talking about false experience...

Iam suggesting you to take training before attempting for interviews and explain the interviewers that how you are capable of doing testing and showcase your confidence so that they will recruit if you are worth able candidate in testing....

I saw some front-end developers and even the managers moved to testing department from development-side....

Mark This Response as Answer
--
Chandu
http://www.dotnetfunda.com/images/dnfmvp.gif

Up
Down
Ok..thanks alot.One more thing how much experience should i show in my resume .I want to go in manual testing.and since i m having 2 years of IT experience so what you suggest ? Should i mention the experience in development only or should i mention 2 years of manual testing experience? Plz guide.

Up
Down
Yes you are right ,but in my company my manager is not ready to put me into testing ,so in that case i have to search a testing job some other company.

Login to post response