How can I register a dll

Posted by Er.deepakdalal under C# on 4/29/2010 | Views : 3816 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 2
Hi Friends

How i register my dll with my web application

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 4/29/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
If the DLL was created in any .NET Language like C#, Vb.NET, F# you dont need to register it but if its a vb and other languages then you need to use

Go to the Run item on the Start menum, and type:

regsvr32 <path & filename of dll or ocx>

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Er.deepakdalal, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Naveenmanam on: 4/30/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
You should then place these 2 files in the same folder as the DLL, so that you can read the local file path as produced by the following string in the aforesaid pages : Response.Write ("Current Path: " & Server.MapPath(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME"))) . This will help you to input the correct filepath for your DLL.

[Actually I had tried using a site filepath -- like /folder/my.dll -- for input and then converted it into the server local path using Server.MapPath(). Unfortunately it did not work. ]

Next, enter the full string example regsvr32 /s G:\domain\app\DLL\test9.dll and the component should be properly registered. Do not remove the /s which means silent mode so as not to alarm the server administrator unnecessarily with a pop-up window on his computer screen that says your DLL has been successfully registered or unregistered.

NaveenKumar

Er.deepakdalal, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response