How to make resolution independent web application

Posted by Er.deepakdalal under Regular Expressions on 5/7/2010 | Views : 3968 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
Hi Friends

i have to make a web application which is resolution independent because this application used in the company intranet and there is multiple screen size monitor and TFT's so please tell me solution for that in detail

Responses

Posted by: Abhi2434 on: 5/8/2010 [Member] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver

Up
Down
This is not a big deal. Just use percentage width while you create your screen layouts.

You can see most of the sites including Dotnetfunda is also resolution independent. They all have used percentage width and height to design layouts.

www.abhisheksur.com

Er.deepakdalal, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Er.deepakdalal on: 5/8/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
first of all thanks for your kind reply but it does not work in many cases such as when you have to put only two control on the web page one on the top and the other is on the bottom then hows we use the % there and if we use the px then it changes according to the resolution can you help me in this...........

Posted by: Abhi2434 on: 5/8/2010 [Member] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Silver

Up
Down
Well, if you want to put two control on the web page, wrap it into two div with style="width:100%;clear:both;"

This will make the two div placed one after another and both of them take the whole space it can.

Also you can use Table with two tr's and make table width=100%.

www.abhisheksur.com

Posted by: Er.deepakdalal on: 5/9/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
it doesn't work can please do this and attached a sample in that i need only two control on in the top by 2% margin and one in the bottom by 2% margin and in between them left space blank for example Header and Footer in the Word and it have to look same in all resolution simple

Login to post response