Can we make a barcode scanning application in asp.net 3.5?(Mr.Vuyiswamb-this is specially for you)

Posted by Er.deepakdalal under Regular Expressions on 5/30/2010 | Views : 7086 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 7
sir, i have make a bar code scanning web application but i am confused that it is possible to make this in asp.net. The most important thing you have know is there is around 7 to 10 barcode scanned in 30 sec. plzzzzzzzzzzz help me out

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 5/30/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Evening Er.deepakdalal

Yes its possible to do this. remember barcode scanning is an input device , like your keyboard.

I need to establish your objective in this regard ( what do you want to do with the scanned input?)

Can you please explain in Detail what you mean in this line

The most important thing you have know is there is around 7 to 10 barcode scanned in 30 sec

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Vuyiswa Maseko

[Administrator]

Er.deepakdalal, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Er.deepakdalal on: 5/31/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
Good Evening Sir

First of all Thanks for your kind and quick reply. For the scanned input i have to check in the SQL Server db whether it is present or not or according to the value i have to update the db and when the user scan the Barcode page can not be postback otherwise the speed of the scanning is effected or the user have to wait for the result.

And for this line:-

The most important thing you have know is there is around 7 to 10 barcode scanned in 30 sec

I mean, User's are well trained in the scanning and they scanned 7 to 10 barcode in 30 sec. means i have to check 7 to 10 barcode in 30 sec. from one system and there is around 10 system where this application is running simultaneously on the same db so can we do this with the asp.net and on more thing how we get the keypress event on the text box in the asp.net because our barcode scanner press the enter key after entering the barcode value in the text box automatically.

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 6/1/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down
Good Day Er.deepakdalal

Windows Applications are good for those type of behavior. But you can use Ajax to achieve this. Use the Text-changed event, add the Text-box to an Ajax Update Panel. and do the search to the database every time. and you will not have a full post back. try this first and if you have performance problems tell me and we will see what we can do.

[Administrator]

Posted by: Santoshnavle on: 9/23/2011 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hi Deepak
Well i am also looking out for a solution for the request that you have raised in this forum, m in search of code with the same functionality as yours.
if you have sorted out your issues with your barcode requirement, please , can you send me the code for it on
santosh.navle@gmail.com

Thanks
SantoshN

Posted by: Wanglighting on: 2/3/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Refer to this ASP .NET barcode scanner http://www.onbarcode.com/products/net_barcode_asp_net/which is easy to read out the information encoded in the barcode and it supports over 20 types barcode scanning. Hope it may give you some ideas.

Anything is possible

Posted by: Daisywhite on: 2/10/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Hey,since you're talking about ASP .NET barcode scanner here, I might as well give some suggestions. Here's ASP .NET barcode scanner I've been using, very convenient, and supports 20+ major barcode types~http://www.keepautomation.com/products/net_barcode/

Posted by: Blueskysinger on: 2/20/2012 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down

As for barcode scanning and generating, my favorite website is ASP .NET barcode scannerwhich provides barcode solutions for .NET(C# & VB.NET)applications, Reporting Service included. Easy and efficient to use. Really worth to try! http://www.keepautomation.com/products/net_barcode_aspnet/linear_barcodes.html

Anna White

Login to post response