Can web application run without IIS in .Net

Posted by Shivanichhabra4u under ASP.NET on 6/7/2010 | Views : 4969 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Please can any one explain whether web application can run without IIS in .Net

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 6/7/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable

Up
Down

I dont think so, I think you need to understand why we have IIS, IIS host the pages and it does a lot more than what you can imagine for you. it will never be a good idea to attempt to do that. I am not sure under what circumstances you will do that. Mybe i dont understand your motives, please make me aware

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Shivanichhabra4u, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Muhilan on: 6/8/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
yes you can run without IIS but you should have Visual Studio. Visual studio have in-build ASP.NET Development Server to run web application.

Shivanichhabra4u, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Modit on: 6/14/2010 [Member] Starter

Up
Down
u need to have iis enabled on the web server in order to take requests from the clients, as a developer you can use VS to make and test your application but on VS you get a new port every time you run your application .

Login to post response