Web.config file is the configuration file of the asp.net application where we keep configuration related information like
- database connectionString
- Reference and config information of the .dll
- web services related information
- debugging related information
- authorization, authentication related information
- any custom settings
There can be only one web.config file in a folder. Each config file is the configuration information of that folder files and sub folders only. Child folder config file overrides the settings of parent config file.
In case of desktop application, same things applies to app.config file.
ThanksAmatya, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator