Use of Import and Export Settings [Resolved]

Posted by Amatya under Visual Studio on 2/16/2016 | Points: 10 | Views : 216 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 3
Good Morning...I want to know whats the use of Import and Export Settings in the Tools option of Visual Studio 2010

Feel free to share informations 9731764134
Thanks

Responses

Posted by: Rajnilari2015 on: 2/16/2016 [Member] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Platinum | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
@Amatya Sir,
If you want to change the settings of your VS environment, then we can use this tool. VS stores it's information in .vssettings file Suppose we don't have SQL Server Advance Tools options,Source Control Git etc. added into our VS environment at the time of installation. But at a later point of time we want to have those in our VS environment (window layouts) . We can use the Export option for doing so.

We can Import, Export, or Reset the existing VS Environment by this.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks & Regards,
RNA Team

Amatya, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Amatya on: 2/17/2016 [Member] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks Buddy.. So if want to enhance my settings , i can use Import and Export Settings..
where i will find the vsstting file?

Feel free to share informations 9731764134
Thanks

Posted by: A2H on: 2/17/2016 [Member] [MVP] Silver | Points: 25

Up
Down
By Default VS studio will save the files on "Visual Studio" folder under the Documents folder. However You can decide where you want to save the vssettings file like when you do import or Export, user have an option to change the folder directory.

You can take a look in to this article to steps to use the Import and Export Settings
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1x6229t8(VS.80).aspx

Thanks,
A2H
My Blog

Login to post response