Want to know the various options in SQL Server [Resolved]

Posted by Amatya under Sql Server on 2/16/2016 | Points: 10 | Views : 151 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1
Good Afternoon... Dear all I want to know that in SQL Server Management Studio i can see many options like . Security, Server objects, Replication and Management. What are their uses and can any one explore these options. I will be grateful

Feel free to share informations 9731764134

Posted by: Rajnilari2015 on: 2/16/2016 [Member] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Platinum | Points: 50

@Amatya Sir,

These SSMS categories are aggregates of various server side features

Security tab: this shows Logins, Server Roles and Credentials

e.g. Logins node

a)shows existing login
b)Allows to add a new login
c)Allows to delete a login

Server node provides the server level permissions by adding a login to a predefined server fixed role and then assigning multiple permissions to that login.

Server objects tab: It provideds

a) Backup Device Object - monitor Microsoft SQL Server backup devices used for backup and restore operations
b) Linked Server Object - Linked Servers allows to connect other database instances on the same server or on another machine or remote servers.
c) Trigger objects - It stores the Server Trigger ( select * from sys.server_triggers )

Replication tab: For creating the replication like Transactional Replication,Snapshot Replication,Merge Replication

Management: To achieve various kind of policies.

Suppose we need to schedule a job or a backup policy management or the resource governor that helps to manage SQL Server workload and system resource consumption or db email etc.We even have DTC that coordinates transactions that update two or more transaction-protected resources, such as databases, message queues, files systems, and so on.
The Extended event feature is use to identify a performance problem.

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards,
RNA Team

Amatya, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response