Why is the Repeater Control Uploads... [Resolved]

Posted by Vuyiswamb under ASP.NET on 4/29/2016 | Points: 10 | Views : 222 | Status : [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] | Replies : 2
Good Day All

i have a repeater control that i bind with 10 000 records and it handles it nicely and its defined like this

<table id="example" class="table table-striped table-bordered" cellspacing="0" width="100%">

<thead>
<tr>
<th>ID</th>
<th>Recipient</th>
<th>Possible Bank</th>
<th>Amount</th>
<th></th>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<asp:Repeater ID="rptDonationList" runat="server" OnItemCommand="rptDonationList_ItemCommand">
<ItemTemplate>
<tr>
<td style="width: 10%">
<%# Eval("DONATIONS_ID") %>
</td>
<td style="width: 30%">
<%# Eval("Name") %>
</td>
<td style="width: 30%">
<%# Eval("LU_BANKS_NAME") %>
</td>
<td style="width: 20%">R <%#string.Format("{0:n}",Eval("AMOUNT")).Replace(".00","") %>
</td>
<td style="width: 10%">
<asp:Button ID="btnDonate" Width="70" Height="29" CommandArgument='<%# Eval("AMOUNT") +"|"+Eval("RECEPIENT_USER_ID")+"|"+Eval("DONATIONS_ID")+"|"+Eval("RemainingDonationAmount") %>' CommandName="Donate" CausesValidation="false" runat="server" CssClass="btnred btn-danger" Text="Donate" /></td>
</tr>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:Repeater>

</tbody>
</table>

When the Button Donate is clicked it fires the OnItemCommand event that is defined like this

protected void rptDonationList_ItemCommand(object source, RepeaterCommandEventArgs e)
{
if (e.CommandName == "Donate")
{
string[] data = e.CommandArgument.ToString().Split('|');
Session["PaymentAmount"] = data[0];
Session["PaymentforUserId"] = data[1];
Session["DonationId"] = data[2];
Session["RemainingDonationAmount"] = data[3];
Response.Redirect("/MakePayment.aspx",false);
}
}

The problem is when this above event is fired , the page at the bottom left corner shows a message on the status bar "Uploading 10%.." which makes the page to wait until 100% before it moves to another page. What exactly is it uploading as the code above just redirects to the next page.

Thanks

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 5/2/2016 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down

Resolved
The Problem has been resolved. This is a good lesson. The problem was that my web application was running in an https IIS server in which my application was using Bootstrap that has fonts which was outside my server with a http not https control. i removed and copied all the files to the local server. So it looked like the system was slow but it was not , there was no error it was just blocking the user from moving forward. i hope this helps someone else

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Vuyiswamb, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Jayakumars on: 5/2/2016 [Member] [MVP] Bronze | Points: 25

Up
Down
hi
what is your issue share the snapshots with sample data for this.

Mark as Answer if its helpful to you

Vuyiswamb, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response