How to Design for this [Resolved]

Posted by Jayakumars under C# on 3/20/2017 | Points: 10 | Views : 418 | Status : [Member] [MVP] | Replies : 1
Hi

How to Design proper tables . I know how to design tables but which is need for the perfect table?

for ex:My question is for a table need Primary key, foreign key further which option need for the table

I am asking normally for a table we set primary key and foreign key which those things
additional need for table because in future my data may be large amount so i need fetch data quickly so i need proper design tables so any one guide me

how to create proper tables with constraints,indexing etc give sample for this

Mark as Answer if its helpful to you

Kumaraspcode2009@gmail.com

Responses

Posted by: Rajnilari2015 on: 3/20/2017 [Member] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Platinum | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
@Jayakumar Sir,

Let us say we have two tables (Employee and Department)

Let's create the Department table as under

CREATE TABLE tblDepartment (

DepartmentID int NOT NULL,
DepartmentName varchar(255) NOT NULL,
CONSTRAINT PK_Department PRIMARY KEY (DepartmentID)
);

Let's create the Employee table as under

CREATE TABLE tblEmployee (

EmployeeID int NOT NULL,
FirstName varchar(255) NOT NULL,
LastName varchar(255),
Age int,
Salary float,
DepartmentID int,
PRIMARY KEY (EmployeeID),
CONSTRAINT FK_EmpDept FOREIGN KEY (DepartmentID)
REFERENCES tblDepartment(DepartmentID)
);

In the tblDepartment, DepartmentID is the Primary Key and is also a clustered index .

In the tblEmployee, EmployeeID column is the Primary Key and is also a clustered index. DepartmentID is the foreign key here. It is the referential integrity constraint.

N.B.~ it will be better if you kindly read the tutorial regarding SQL Server at Techfunda ( http://techfunda.com/howto/sql-server )

Read this (http://techfunda.com/howto/8/ ) section for all the doubts about your question.

Kindly let us know if you need some more assistance.

--
Thanks & Regards,
RNA Team

Jayakumars, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response