How to Design for this [Resolved]

Posted by Jayakumars under C# on 3/20/2017 | Points: 10 | Views : 315 | Status : [Member] [MVP] | Replies : 1
Hi

How to Design proper tables . I know how to design tables but which is need for the perfect table?

for ex:My question is for a table need Primary key, foreign key further which option need for the table

I am asking normally for a table we set primary key and foreign key which those things
additional need for table because in future my data may be large amount so i need fetch data quickly so i need proper design tables so any one guide me

how to create proper tables with constraints,indexing etc give sample for this

Mark as Answer if its helpful to you

Responses

Posted by: Rajnilari2015 on: 3/20/2017 [Member] [Microsoft_MVP] [MVP] Platinum | Points: 50

Up
Down

Resolved
@Jayakumar Sir,

Let us say we have two tables (Employee and Department)

Let's create the Department table as under

CREATE TABLE tblDepartment (

DepartmentID int NOT NULL,
DepartmentName varchar(255) NOT NULL,
CONSTRAINT PK_Department PRIMARY KEY (DepartmentID)
);

Let's create the Employee table as under

CREATE TABLE tblEmployee (

EmployeeID int NOT NULL,
FirstName varchar(255) NOT NULL,
LastName varchar(255),
Age int,
Salary float,
DepartmentID int,
PRIMARY KEY (EmployeeID),
CONSTRAINT FK_EmpDept FOREIGN KEY (DepartmentID)
REFERENCES tblDepartment(DepartmentID)
);

In the tblDepartment, DepartmentID is the Primary Key and is also a clustered index .

In the tblEmployee, EmployeeID column is the Primary Key and is also a clustered index. DepartmentID is the foreign key here. It is the referential integrity constraint.

N.B.~ it will be better if you kindly read the tutorial regarding SQL Server at Techfunda ( http://techfunda.com/howto/sql-server )

Read this (http://techfunda.com/howto/8/ ) section for all the doubts about your question.

Kindly let us know if you need some more assistance.

--
Thanks & Regards,
RNA Team

Jayakumars, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response