database permission setting for application in multiuser environment

Posted by Mamta under VB.NET on 8/18/2010 | Points: 10 | Views : 2956 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 1
Hi everybody
I am new in VB.Net application development. I have developed a application for multiuser environment.
I have to place the exe file of the application at one centralized PC and creating the shortcut of that exe on each end-user's desktop,
so that they all could execute the application from their end.
I have used Sybase as database and ODBC as connecting tool.
But after running the setup of application on the centralized PC and executing it from end-user's PC , I got an error message related to database permission setting. The displayed error message is as follows :
" Application attempted to perform an operation not allowed the security policy. To grant this application the required permission, contact your system administrator, or use the Microsoft .NET Framework Configuration Tool."
System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Data.Odbc.OdbcPermission, System.Data, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Please help me to resolve the problem.

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 10/12/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Your problem is this

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda

Mamta, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Login to post response