Creating a Intellisense Textbox

Posted by Laghaterohan under Regular Expressions on 11/8/2010 | Points: 10 | Views : 5261 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
Hello,

Can any one please let me know how to create and Intellisense Textbox? Just like we have it on Indian Railway website ..wherein we just need to type first 3 chars of station and the list gets populated...

Can any one tell me how to achieve this?? It will be better if i get to see a small example of the same..

Thanks!!

Best Regards,
Rohan Laghate

Responses

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 11/8/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
it is not called " Intellisense Textbox " it is a "AutoComplete" bla bla bla
http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/samples/autocomplete/autocomplete.aspx

http://csharpdotnetfreak.blogspot.com/2009/09/ajax-autocompleteextender-textbox-width.html

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Laghaterohan, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Laghaterohan on: 11/8/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks !! however i am not getting the desired output.. Autocomplete feature is not working. Do i need to use webservice?? Please help...How will the list be populated?

How to create this? ServicePath="AutoComplete.asmx"
Thanks!

Best Regards,
Rohan Laghate

Posted by: Vuyiswamb on: 11/8/2010 [Member] [MVP] [Administrator] NotApplicable | Points: 25

Up
Down
You dont need to use a web service, as you can see there, the web service only provides a list of items , you can use anything.

Thank you for posting at Dotnetfunda
[Administrator]

Posted by: Laghaterohan on: 11/9/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks for the reply.

However i am not understanding how to generate list of items..Can u just give me an example.?

Thanks!!

Best Regards,
Rohan Laghate

Login to post response