Can we achieve the discussed scenario with streaming

Posted by Sp under ASP.NET on 11/8/2010 | Points: 10 | Views : 965 | Status : [Member] | Replies : 4
I have a database where i store image path/Image paths in 'Path' Field and ID in Id field.
Now i want to show this complete database in a grid view. On clicking a particular record in grid view i should be able to download the image/images on client side in a folder using streaming???
Is the above said a feasible solution???
If yes please provide with reference material to achieve the same.

Responses

Posted by: SheoNarayan on: 11/8/2010 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Streaming is used to download or show the videos or audios. The definition of streaming is "the transmission of digital audio or video, or the listening and viewing of such data without first storing it;" that means as and when the data is downloaded it is shown or played to the user. In your you have the image, it is also a kind of streaming but I do not think you would have to show it to the user, it will be simple download so you just need to provide the path of the image and things will be taken care.

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Sp, if this helps please login to Mark As Answer. | Alert Moderator

Posted by: Sp on: 11/8/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
I will explain.....
I am dealing with Dicom images(their storage and retrieval), the size of these images are very large.
Purpose:
Lets say the DB looks like
ID
ImagePath
Now, we want to have a gridview which shows the complete DB records. On click of a particular record they want to open the corresponding image in a viewer
(Actually my team has implemented this scenario in a window based network application)

Now for the web they have asked me to achieve the same using image streaming.
They have disintegrated the task to :
On clicking a particular record in grid view i should be able to download the image/images on client side in a folder using streaming???

Posted by: SheoNarayan on: 11/9/2010 [Administrator] HonoraryPlatinum | Points: 25

Up
Down
Thanks Sp,

Did you tried specifying the direct image path, what is happening? Is that not working?

Regards,
Sheo Narayan
http://www.dotnetfunda.com

Posted by: Sp on: 11/9/2010 [Member] Starter | Points: 25

Up
Down
Not working sir

Login to post response